Monday, June 24, 2019

Weekend Recap

Boy am I happy to see Monday...which isn't my usual reaction. As fun as the weekend was, I'm happy to start a new, hopefully very slooooow, week. Last week was madness with our schedules turned upside down, working different hours, doing different things after work (and before work in my case), etc.

Thrilled to see nothing on the calendar after work for this week, which will leave room for a possible drink with a friend and maybe a date night with Sammy to see Toy Story 4 (otherwise we go at 11 a.m. on Saturday with the rest of the senior citizens). Otherwise, I'm not leaving our house haha.

FRIDAY
After work on Friday I met Tina for lunch and some TJ Maxx/HomeGoods shopping which was cathartic and the best afternoon. I came home and waited for Sammy to get back from the vet with Henry. Our poor guy ended up with an infected incision (no clue how that happened since he has barely gone near it/shown interest in it) and infected neck. 

The cone we got from the vet is so enormous and freaks him out so much he wasn't sleeping at night or during the day with it on (but we didn't have an alternative at the time since they didn't recommend or give us their professional blessing on anything other than that damn cone) and it resulted in him drooling a ton which was his body's way of dealing with the stress I guess. It's supposedly common among long haired dogs if moisture remains on their fur, a rash can spread, which is what happened to his neck so they had to shave it to prevent more spreading, we got an antibiotic and medical spray, and then said fuck the cone and purchased every alternative you can think of i.e. diapers, full body suits, inflatable cone, smaller cone, etc.

He's in a variation of these items depending on time of day and whether he's completely alone or not but our new system (albeit totally obnoxious) seems to be working. We were told 5-7 more days of healing from Friday, so we're hoping by middle to end of this week we'll be in the clear.


He currently sleeps in a full body suit (which is a glorified onesie I found on Amazon) and inflatable cone and it's worked out well (and Sammy and I have finally been getting some sleep too although I don't think I'll be able to sleep soundly until I know for sure those damn stitches are gone—I'm constantly worried he's going to lick them in the middle of the night) and then is in the body suit and new cone during the day when we're at work. UGH haha. He's been such a trooper though. We just love him.


Needless to say, I needed some relaxation so I did a mask and attempted to paint my nails (before giving up and doing a rush job the next day) and then read approximately one page of my book before falling asleep.



SATURDAY
Saturday I hung out with Henry in the morning while Sammy worked a shift (his last scheduled weekend shift for the next four years!) and then headed to pick my dad and brother up from the rental car place before heading up to Wisconsin for a family wedding.


It was on a farm/rural property and the ceremony took place on its own little island (where we got eaten alive by mosquitos).



The room where the reception was held was really pretty with the light coming in from the huge windows.


We ate a very Schultheis type dinner with my classy choice of beer ;)


And my sister continues to look like a model wherever she goes. Not sure why I wasn't blessed with that metabolism but OKAY.


There was a pretty outdoor area and I loved all the hanging lights. We ended up spending the whole night out here talking and drinking and it was really fun because we don't get to see my dad's family that often.



This is after some whiskey (me) and vodka (her) IF YOU COULDN'T TELL.


SUNDAY
Sammy worked another shift Sunday morning, so Henry and I hung out watching Girls Incarcerated on Netflix ;) He and I didn't have a great Saturday morning (I was so ready for a drink at that wedding haha) so I was very happy to have a chill and easy Sunday morning with him.

We left as soon as Sammy got home for his cousins' graduation party. It was such a nice party and there were so many family members there, it was so nice to catch up with everyone. There's a graduation party every weekend for the next three weeks so we'll actually see that family a lot this summer which I'm excited about.





Sammy and I were home before 7 which was nice. We hung out and watched a movie on Netflix. Henry was shockingly calm, even after being home and napping for a few hours prior, so not sure if that was a fluke or if they neutering actually did calm his energy a bit?? We were told it takes about two weeks for the testosterone levels to level out and we're coming up on the second week so maybe? 

That's all for me! Have I mentioned I'm looking forward to a slow week? ;) This will also be my and Sammy's first full week of week of being on the same work schedule, so we'll see how that goes as well. It was rough last week because we were both stressed with a variation of things we wouldn't normally be worried about and kind of took it out on each other, so I'm hoping all that gets smoothed out/worked on for the future.

ANYWAY. Bye. :) Have a great Monday! xo

*linking up with Johannah!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Henry :( He's a tough little man! That wedding venue looked super cute and Im about that donut display at the grad party :) Cheers to Monday and hopefully a calm week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a trooper! It was cute :) YES, the doughnuts. Thanks, love.

      Delete