Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Midweek Check-In

Hi there! I'm so glad it's Wednesday already. I worked from home on Monday because Henry got neutered, so I wanted to be home to help Sammy, if possible. And yesterday was a whirlwind day so it's no wonder we're halfway through the week. 

I want to recap the weekend and I might have some rando thoughts, who knows.

Friday night I met Alicia (who is also new to blogland so you definitely need to go check her out! Her blog is amazing.) and Tina (who just got engaged!) and Tina's friend from work to sit in the park and listen to a Disney cover band. We brought beer and snacks and got to hear details from Tina's engagement. 

Forever the child listening to Disney while eating Lunchables ;) the beer helps make it more adult, right?


Tina and I have been close since high school and our fiance's are best friends. I can't believe we're both getting married next year. It's totally wild and going to be SO much fun. There's no one else I'd want to share this time with.


Saturday morning, Sammy and I met my brother, sister, and dad for breakfast at my dad's favorite diner to celebrate Father's Day. They're not open on Sundays, so we moved our Father's Day celebration because that's how much my dad loves this place haha.


Sammy and I stopped at an antique store on the way home and then I hung out the rest of the day at home with Henry. I cut some more peonies in our yard, vacuumed, got Sammy's brother's Father's Day gift wrapped, and went through boxes of books I had in our garage and then reorganized some shelves in the library.


Over the weekend we made the last minute decision to have Henry neutered on Monday because we wanted the two week recovery period to be over before his birthday (July 10), and by "we" I mean me haha, and to have recovered for over a month by the time we leave for Colorado at the end of July because our family and friends will be watching him and we didn't want anyone dealing with anything medical with him while we're gone.

We were givin' him lots of extra love this weekend.


We spent Father's Day on Sunday with Sammy's family which included smoked meat and a lot of hanging outside (despite the fifty degree temps!) with our niece who is currently super into her new house ;)




Henry did great on Monday morning! He hates his cone but is starting to get better with it. He has it on at night and when we're not home, but when we're around we take it off so he can have a break from it.


Sleeping is still a bust for him. He cried for a few hours Monday night (he's situated in our bathroom because it has more room than his crate does) and last night we tried having him sleep with us but he was so restless no one was getting any sleep, so he went back into the bathroom. I don't know if he slept a wink but he didn't cry! He should sleep a bunch today though.

Here's how he thought we were going to sleep last night...*eye roll* I would have slept with that damn cone on my head too if he would have stayed put haha.


I met Morgan and Andrea for dinner last night with another coworker of mine. Andrea lives near where we all work, so we met for Big Bowl and I convinced everyone to get the stir fry. It was nice to catch up with them and hear some gossip ;)


This week is a nutty week. Henry is recovering so he's not on a normal schedule, I haven't been getting to work when I normally do, I dropped my dad and brother off to get their rental car Monday morning because they're going on a road trip this week which means I have my dad's car so it isn't sitting unused in his parking lot for a week, my sister and I are splitting a wonky cat feeding schedule before and after work (my dad's a cat guy) while they're gone. Etc., etc., etc., 

Everything feels just a little bit off. Everything has been going smoothly, so I really can't complain! But needless to say I'm ready for the weekend to get here so we can get back to some regularly scheduled programming. 

See ya Friday for favorites! xo

6 comments:

  1. Lunchables are the BEST! Are the pizza ones your favorite? I remember in elementary school I LOVED the hot dog and burger ones. I am sure they were the most unhealthy things ever BUT I LOVED them!

    Where are you going in Colorado? Are you going to Denver or going to the Mountains??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they so good?! I saw it at Walgreens and I was like yep, that's happening. My brother loved the hot dog and hamburger ones! My favorite was always the nachos :)

      We are going to Denver for a wedding! Would love to get up to the mountains though.

      Delete
  2. You are making me want to pick up a pizza lunchable at the store this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Hen <3 Love doing all the disney stuff with you guys, its my fav! Thanks for the s/o you da best! LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete