Friday, June 21, 2019

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! Per usual, got some random favorites to share. Shall we?

// To start with, Sammy recently got a new position at the department that he's incredibly excited about! It's going to be a lot of work and different work than he's currently used to, but he's absolutely up to the challenge. It's a four year position with a M-F, 8-4 schedule which we are definitely not used to. He started yesterday and having him home when I got home was so weird haha! Weird but good. It's like we're moving in together all over again because we're just not used to being on the same schedule. It's going to be an adjustment but there are so many good things that come with this schedule. We can plan weekend trips more easily now, he doesn't have to miss holidays for the next four years, and he'll be home for dinner every night (theoretically). Because this position is focused on community relations, I'm hoping he ends up with a lot of freedom to create new programs in our community, especially with children, and I'd love to get more involved, if I can.

// Our wedding website is finally up! Took me a stupidly long time to do it, but I think it turned out pretty nicely.


// I finally took the plunge and started an Instagram account specific to book stuff. I'm hoping I can keep the hobby up and it doesn't become all consuming because I would love to get involved in the book community via Instagram which is growing like a weed lately it seems. Follow along if books are your thang.

// Has anyone tried these pretzels before?! Tina's coworker brought them to our picnic last weekend and Alicia and I became obsessed. She said she found them at Binny's, so if you have a Binny's nearby, TRUST ME. You want these.


// I shared these already but I've been loving the peonies growing in our yard. I've been cutting bundles once they start to droop outside because they'll last for another few days to a week inside. Fresh flowers in the house makes me so happy.


// Sometimes Sammy's snaps just kill me. For some reason, when I play music over Alexa in the house, it interferes with his music in his car. I came home after seeing the Disney cover band and had an itch to hear "So This Is Love" from Cinderella so I was playing it a few times as I cleaned up downstairs before going to bed. He sent me this snap while he was working... <3


// I spent some of last weekend organizing books I was storing in our garage (which I had to clean out to make room for my car that I should hopefully be getting in the next week or so) which led me to reorganizing my children's shelf in our library :) Ugh I love looking at those books and that growing collection.


// We celebrated some June birthdays in the office this week and had a Harry Potter potluck of sorts and I wish I had taken a picture by the end of the day because there was SO much good stuff. Not pictured: butter beer that I literally died over, chocolate bars in case you're faced with a dementor ;), more cakes, "slugs," a cheese ball shaped like the sorting hat, etc. Unreal. 

My insanely creative coworkers had a Nearly Headless Nick in the kitchen, dressed Jamie (our cardboard cutout from Outlander) in HP gear (which was both alarming and sexy at the same time and yes I'm as off put by my own reaction as you are), house flags on the walls, and Ministry of Magic signs in the bathrooms ;)


I made "Luna Lovegood's Pudding Trifle" which was an adaptation of something I saw on Pinterest. I just found whatever colorful things I could find to use as layers between the pudding and whipped cream. And then hot pink and gold sprinkles for "magic" on top :) Love a trifle.


// Tina's engagement gift (Disney themed because they got engaged in Disney!) finally arrived and I got it all wrapped and ready to go last night since I'm meeting her for lunch today aaaaaand forgot it at home. So annoying. Hopefully we can get it to her this weekend sometime.

She got me a "police wifey" shirt when we got engaged along with a wine glass that said "wifey" so I basically copied her gift ;)



That's all the randomness I got! After my half day at work today I'm meeting Tina for lunch and some TJ Maxx-ing and then heading home to be with Sammy and Henry. Tomorrow I have a wedding on my dad's side of the family up in Wisconsin, and on Sunday we have Sammy's cousins big graduation party (over 100 people were invited!) in the afternoon. Lots of family this weekend—my favorite.

Have a great weekend all! xo

7 comments:

  1. Congrats to Sammy on his new position! :) My brother is a police officer and he is my hero.

    What a cute shirt that you got your friend.

    That party at work sounds like so much fun.

    I hope you have fun at the wedding and the graduation party.

    Amy @ https://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! He IS a hero. A big thank you to him for his service.

      Hehe thanks! & the party was such fun. Thanks, lady! xo

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Sammy! I agree that the bookstagram community has grown a lot lately. This year, I started adding my books to my regular feed and have gotten great feedback. That party sounds amazing with HP and a bit of Outlander in attendance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It's crazy how fast it's grown. Working in publishing, I've really started to see how vital it is to start utilizing that platform in order to promote and circulate books. News travels fast it seems in this community! (Thanks for following me, btw!!) Yes, I'm all about adding in a little Outlander any way I can ;)

      Delete
  3. How exciting that Sammy got a new position! Happy for you guys!! Also following your bokstagram immediately :) AND looking for a job at your work hehe Those pretzels tho....the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, love :) THANKS. That would be amazing. We should start a company so we can work together ;)

      Delete