Friday, June 28, 2019

Friday Favorites

We made it! Well, the week wasn't as chill and slow as I had hoped, so here's hoping for next week haha. On to some favorites...

// A Henry update! He's doing much better and being suuuuch a trooper about all the shit we're making him wear. I'm hoping today is his last day and night with the full getup and the vet tells us he's fully healed tomorrow.


// I got this emailed to me yesterday and it reminded me how close his birthday is! I'm so excited to celebrate in two weeks. Initially Sammy had the day off and I was going to take the day off too so we could all hang out, but now that he's on a 8-4 schedule, he's obviously not off so we'll have to pack a lot of celebrating into that evening ;)

// Another random favorite: just how much I love my job and the people I work with. Which isn't really random since I say it all the time. This is perfect evidence from our recent Harry Potter party that I work with the best people.


// One of my favorite writers announced she has a new book coming out next spring and I obviously dorked the hell out about it. SO good. If you haven't read her stuff, you're sorely missing out.


// Speaking of books, my book instagram is slowly gaining followers! This community is so much fun, all I want to do is spend time on there haha.


// My mom and I got to spend some time together randomly on Tuesday night after work so we went to a few department stores so she could start trying on mother of the bride dresses :) We're ahead of the game by a good chunk of time but she figures she'll start eliminating styles now. And ya girl had to try on a jumpsuit, of course.


Truly can NOT with her. She's so gorge.


// I had my last (foreseeable) walk/bike to the train this week and was living for the sun bursting through the trees on my way. Even though getting to the train that way was certainly a pain sometimes, I'm definitely going to miss it.


// I found some good finds at TJ Maxx last week with Tina and one of them was this botanical printed kimono. I probably didn't need it (ok, def didn't need it) but oh well, it's pretty!


// I also grabbed these leggings per a blogger recommendation and am looooooving them. Same quality (if not better) as my Zella leggings but softer, cheaper, more comfortable, better length, and has pockets (!). Highly recommend. 


// I grabbed these at TJ Maxx too. They're Adidas cloudfoam shoes. I wanted a pair of "athletic" shoes that I could slip on for errands but could also use for easy workouts at home. I LOVE them. So comfortable even if they do look a little senior citizen-y. And they're great for my plantar fasciitis. Because I'm literally a senior citizen. 


// And biggest update of all: I got my car! If you've been reading (or know me personally), you know I've struggled with a driving anxiety for over a decade, so this is pretty big for me. My therapist and I are very pleased with this development ;) 

It's a big change to my entire mindset which has operated under "I'm not a driver" for the last 10+ years, so even though it's exciting and a really cool thing, it's thrown me for a loop, especially since it means I won't see my dad quite as much as I'm used to (we used to carpool before and after work when I didn't have a car). It's a big adjustment, so I'm trying to really give myself the time I need to get used to everything. 



That wraps up my favorites! My plan for the afternoon is to surprise my grandma and take her to lunch, then stop at the park district to buy a pass to the dog park and hopefully get over to the library. (We've lived in CL for a year and I STILL haven't gotten a library card, so I'm very excited to get over there today, which should come as a surprise to no one.)

We have some shopping to do tonight and then we're hoping to see Toy Story 4 FINALLY. Has anyone seen?! 

Tomorrow we're celebrating Sammy's brother's 30th birthday at their house and we have a graduation party on Sunday. Hoping to sneak some relaxing in there where I can—I feel like I could sleep for a week!

Have a great weekend all! xo

*linkin up with Andrea

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your lunch with your grandma and the library! I love trips to the library every week.
    Happy almost birthday to Henry!
    Also, your mom looks gorgeous in that dress so I am sure she will look fabulous at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping to make it a regular thing for me :)
      Eee, he says thank you!! ;)
      Right? She's insane. My boss saw a picture of her the other day and couldn't believe she was my mother.

      Delete
  2. So much goodness in this post - 1. love that jumpsuit + the dress your mom tried on. 2. a car!!!!! 3. that kimono is great - good buy. every time i look there for a few for maternity wear, i come up empty handed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! Ugh that store is such a crapshoot. I swear I haven't bought anything there in years because I've been in a lull of finding anything. The friend I went with has luck every single time, she's like a TJ Maxx magnet.

      Delete