Monday, March 18, 2019

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday, all!

It was a good weekend, just as I suspected. Love when that happens :) Started out the weekend with a Friday night free to do whatever I wanted which meant we cracked open the door because we still can't get over how fantastic it is to be home after work with the sun still up.

I talked to my grandma on the phone for a while before watching a few episodes of Ellen I had racked up throughout the week and then headed up to bed by 9 p.m. ;) blissful.


SATURDAY
I got up Saturday morning and started to get the last of my bridal party "proposals" ready before I headed to my grandma's for a cousin lunch.


I got my junior bridesmaid a super soft personalized robe and two of my flower girls got the same flower girl book our niece got as well as some "girly" things like sparkly tumblers, bubbles, nail polish, and hair bows.


Their mom is my soulmate, seriously she's one of my favorite people on Earth, but we don't see each other as often as we'd like which means I don't see her girls that often either, so I was happy they weren't totally weirded out by some rando asking them to be flower girls in her wedding ;) (even though they totally look like it in this photo! hahaha)


oldest still looking unenthused, youngest getting warmer ;)
I asked my other cousin's daughter to be my junior bridesmaid because I literally can't get enough of her. She's the most incredible eleven-year-old EVER and I can't wait to do all the bridal things with her. Her grandma (another one of my cousins—Italians have a lot of second, third, fourth, etc., cousins...) is another one of my favorite humans on this Earth and she was so floored when I asked Elise to be a junior bridesmaid. 




My sweetest girl. Ugh, just love her.


We spent the rest of the afternoon eating, sipping bellini mixtures, and catching up. Our get togethers always come at a time when I need it most.

I got home in the early evening and got into a random cleaning kick, so I dusted everything on our lower level, recycled a ton of read magazines that were collecting dust on our coffee and end tables, and swapped all our fall/winter candles for spring/summer ones which felt so good.

SUNDAY
Sammy worked the day shift on Sunday so Henry and I woke up together and had a lazy morning.


I placed a grocery order and while I waited for it to be delivered, I wanted to go through some of the wedding magazines I've received so I could then recycle them.


I took a few pictures of some things that I liked or inspired me. I was SO happy to see a wedding featured where the bride had as many bridesmaids as I'll have! I'm starting to lose my patience a little bit with people who are constantly telling me I have a lot of bridesmaids. Oh really? Is fifteen a large number? I wasn't aware. *eye roll* I think this looks awesome actually, although I don't know how many staged photos we'll take since I definitely prefer candid which I think looks more effortless and relaxed than the formal, posed photos a lot of people take.

I didn't need to see a photo in a magazine to be reminded that our photos are going to look awesome and we're going to have a great time as a large party—I already knew that despite countless people who have acted like it's going to be hard to manage—but it was certainly fun to see.


Our groceries were delivered (this is about a 1/8 of what I got... we needed quite a bit), so I put everything away before Sammy came home for the day.


He ate a quick lunch and we ran over to the theatre by our house to catch an afternoon showing of Captain Marvel which I loved and am surprised didn't get a higher rating. We picked up some dinner on the way home and relaxed together for the rest of the night.



It was exactly the weekend I needed: relaxation mixed with productivity and family time.

We have an unusual week this week in that Sammy will be home every night which will be nice. We're celebrating St. Joseph's Day tomorrow like the true and correct Italians we are ;) and I can't wait to do that together in our house for the first time. Other than that, looking forward to a pretty low key week, maybe getting together with Chelsie on Friday night for a mani/pedi date.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week! xo

4 comments:

  1. the extended daylight is really amazing! I love the attention to detail you're putting into asking everyone to be part of your wedding! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous weekend! All of the wedding things are so dang exciting!

    ReplyDelete