Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Weekend Recap

Didn't get this up yesterday—busy day—but here we are on a beautiful Tuesday. Supposed to be almost fifty degrees today and last night was blissful having light until almost 7 p.m. It made me so happy. Can't wait for these temps to climb!


FRIDAY
Came home Friday night with the intention of watching Outlander and then realized season seven of Scandal was on Netflix and I could finally finish that show, so it became my mission this weekend to binge whenever possible. Plus I needed a cold shower from Outlander ;) Poured myself some wine like Ms. Pope and settled in.


Someone kept me company while Dad was downstairs.


SATURDAY
The only plans I had on Saturday weren't until the late afternoon, so Henry and I binged the hell out of Scandal all morning...


And then I went with my mom and Grandma to a bridal store in Algonquin which was so gorgeous and lovely. Highly recommend Simply Luxe if you're in the market/area.


I loved trying on at this store and loved my consultant even more, who happened to be the store owner. She was so knowledgable and sweet and funny. They have another location where she happens to have the dress I loved from Kleinfeld so she's going to bring that dress, along with a few others, over from her other location so I can try it on again and compare with a dress that I really liked from this past appointment.

I loved the drama of this dress (even though large bows aren't totally me) and my ass, I mean, come on... but in the end, the material was too structured for me. It's been awesome to narrow down exactly what I like which has started to make the search easier (or harder in some cases because I seem to have a style preference that isn't super trendy right now).


So after making an appointment to come back at the end of this month (I'm SO excited for that one! especially because I have a larger entourage coming with me), my mom and grandma and I went to have dinner at a Thai restaurant around the corner that my mom and I love.


They seriously have the best wonton soup and Thai fried rice I've ever had. And the staff is so nice. Can't recommend enough.


We stopped at Julie Ann's on the way home 'cause we apparently weren't sufficiently stuffed yet. (We were.)

I came home and promptly put on my pajamas (with an audience).


And, you guessed it, continued the binge watching. This guy was getting sick of me just sitting around.


SUNDAY
I did more binging on Sunday, big surprise, and then went to a family party at Lou Malnati's with Sammy's parents (he was working). I always love spending time with his family, especially when I get to see our niece. After a lovely dinner, I came home and binged some more.

Wow an overload of Henry in this post (big shocker). I watched the finale in bed with these two and now I can't believe that show is over. I liked the end though a lot, I thought they did a good job wrapping all the crazy up.

Then I moved right along to The Great British Baking Show: The Beginnings which has quickly become my calming nighttime show. Their voices are so relaxing to me, I can't.


It was my favorite kind of weekend. A lot of time for relaxing and spending time with Henry (I have so much guilt when he's left alone for too long) while also getting out of the house and spending time with family.

I'm getting so anxious for the weather to get warmer because our spring and summer weekends are already filling up with so much good stuff. 

Hope everyone is having a good week! xo

6 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! I hope you have a great week! :)

    Amy @ https://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

  2. Lady, you are #serving in that dress !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butt looks fabulous in that dress! LOL. So pretty and flattering! Love it!
    I also love Henry's face. He looks like he's just always begging for attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend!! That is my favorite thing to hear ;) Henry is forever BEGGING for attention ;)

      Delete