Friday, March 1, 2019

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! Happy to be linking up with some favorites today...

Let's start out with some wedding favorites, shall we? I've been really leaning into this "bride" thing and it's certainly becoming a favorite. I'll be sad when it's over, but I'm definitely enjoying it now.


I've been wanting a "bride" shirt (despite my better judgement ;) ) to wear to different planning events or, let's be honest, just around the house every day until we get married, and I found these two awesome items from this Etsy shop (which makes such cute things!). Forever the Francophile, I had to get the "Le Bride" as soon as I saw it. And I know I'm going to wear that sweatshirt long after I should be allowed to.



Our photographer sent us the SWEETEST package for booking with her. I was so excited to get this in the mail. Do yourself a favor and check her out if you're in need of a photographer (she does family and lifestyle shoots and boudoir as well as weddings). She's amazing.


I mean, how sweet is that?!


I saw my favorite dress (so far) featured on Pronovias's instagram. It is pure magic. And definitely a favorite.


I mentioned in Monday's post that I went up to our venue this weekend for a wedding show they were hosting. This is the view of the lake outside the ballroom windows. Actually, the whole venue has windows that line each room, which was a huge selling point for me. I just love this ethereal lake vibe. So, view: favorite.


A few more favorites: draping. We are decidedly big fans of the draping we saw. They did it against the windows and on the ceiling which is even more beautiful.


Another favorite spotted: minimalistic table settings. I love those clear chargers. I feel like it puts a pretty modern twist on a traditional look.


In non-wedding favorites: Jessica Garvin responding to the DM I just haaaad to send her ;) She's my favorite blogger so I kinda flipped getting that.


I didn't want to get used to not wearing a ring on my ring finger while my ring is being resized (it took me months to get used to wearing one on my left hand!), I decided to wear one of my grandma's rings that she gave to me when I turned sixteen. It doesn't fit on any other finger but my ring finger and I wear rings on my right hand I won't take of, so I don't get to wear it ever and it's been really fun to wear. I think I'm going to have it resized into a pinky ring and wear it on my right hand which is quickly becoming bedazzled with rings ;) 


Yesterday I posted about the books I read in February! I hope to do this every month. There were some definite favorites on the list, especially the brilliant book below.


Sammy's off days are falling during the week now so he's been making dinner for us which has been SUCH a treat. I love coming home and seeing what he has up his sleeve. Monday night it was lemon chicken thighs with rice...


And Tuesday it was jambalaya! Both so good.


He also spent the day on Tuesday organizing our pantry which I'm obsessed with now. It's nothing spectacular to look at but it is SO much more functional now that we have that shelf in the middle (which was just wasted space before where shit would pile up).

  

Wouldn't be a Friday favorites without "lounging with Henry pictures" :) get a load of that very cool chick in the mirror taking the picture... or sammy's ass, whatever you prefer. I know my preference. ME. Jk but nottttt. It is a good ass though.


I got dinner with my dad on Wednesday night at our favorite, favorite Chinese restaurant which was such a treat.


I mean, I just can't with his face.

I post these silly monthly updates (which I promise, Instagram followers, will stop once he turns one year old) on Instagram and Facebook about Henry and several people have been telling me I should write a children's book about him. Sooo I may or may not have started that project this week...



That's it for me! Sammy is getting off work early tonight (he's working the day shift today so he can read Dr. Seuss to some classrooms in town *sobbing emoji*) so I'm looking forward to hanging out at home. And I've got nothing on the agenda tomorrow which should be blissful. Sunday I'm heading downtown with my girlfriends for a late lunch and to see a Disney acapella show at the Chicago Theatre. I'm sure we'll be some of the oldest people there and I'm OKAY with it.

Have a great weekend, all! xo


*Linking up with Andrea!

4 comments:

  1. Those bride shirts are so cute. My sister is getting married so I'm going to look into them for her. Your dog is so pretty! We have a golden retriever, too. Have a great weekend! Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! I'm anxiously awaiting the "your item has shipped" email haha. Awesome, definitely check them out! AH, they're the best, right? Thank you—he's quite handsome ;)

      Delete
  2. Love how your wedding details are coming together. It's going to be so chic and elegant! The clear acrylic chargers are so fun! Your Grandma's ring is a perfect fill in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend. I hope so! Ah, thank you, thank you. I do love her ring.

      Delete