Thursday, February 21, 2019

Top Three — 2019

Hi, all. I saw Shay doing this on her blog this week and I thought it would be a fun idea to steal replicate (I did make a few slight adjustments to her original list). I think it'll be fun to maybe do every year? Just to see how/if my answers change.

Favorite Binge Shows
The Office
New Girl
Four Weddings (maybe any wedding show, honestly)

Favorite Movies
The Sound of Music
Father of the Bride
Tied for third: Singing in the Rain, When Harry Met Sally, Indiana Jones (I or III)

Favorite Trips (so far)
Paris, but of course
Our annual Christmas trip
Grand Canyon/Route 66 road trip

Favorite Books (so far)
Anne of Green Gables
Wild
The Paris Wife

Favorite Cities in the US (so far)
Chicago
New York
This third one is up in the air but I really loved Sedona.

Favorite Places to Eat in Chicago (or just outside of Chicago...)
Freddy's (in Cicero)
Scudiero's (in Melrose Park)
Gene & Jude's (in River Grove)

Favorite Holidays
Christmas
Thanksgiving
Easter

Favorite Subjects in High School/College
English (surprise, surprise)
Creative Writing (in college and grad school)
History

Favorite Gift Ideas to Make Someone's Life a Little Easier
Freezer meal (pasta is my go-to!)
Leaving groceries on their doorstep
Flowers and a card with some words of encouragement if they need a pick-me-up

Favorite Things About My Job
Getting to read and work on stories all day
Working with the nicest humans
Being a part of getting quality books into the hands of littles!

Kindest Authors I've Ever Met (because I haven't met any "celebrities" and authors are celebrities to me)
Anne Lamott
Cheryl Strayed
TBD ;)

Top Three Places to Shop for Gifts (outside of independent stores which I much prefer)
Target
Uncommon Goods
Anthropologie

Three Favorite Nail Polish Colors
Naughty Berry by Essie
Bahama Mama by Essie
Ballet Slippers (or Mademoiselle, they're so similar) by Essie

Three Things I Always Have in My Purse
Lipstick
Wallet
Pain meds (precautionary in case my kidney stones act up)

Three Typical Dinners (at home)
Chili
Pasta with meatballs or breaded chicken
Some kind of skillet dish with meat and vegetables and either potatoes or rice

Favorite Drinks at Starbucks
Medicine ball
Iced caramel macchiato
One of the fall seasonal drinks, probably PSL

Favorite Things to Do with Sammy
Lay and bed and laugh and talk
Go to the movies
Travel

Favorite Things I Can't Wait to do with Kids (SO MANY)
Experience the holidays together
Travel
Introduce them to simple joys i.e. good food, movies, books, music, etc.

Places I Want to Visit
London
Ireland
Cape Cod

Favorite Things to Put on When I Get Home
ELASTIC PANTS
Jersey T-shirt
Slippers or fuzzy socks (even though I much prefer to be barefoot, this bitch can't hang with her plantar fasciitis so I need some cushion)

Favorite TJ's Buys
Frozen risotto
Brie and ciabatta 
White chocolate peppermint pretzel bark shit (ungodly good)

Favorite Workout Activities
Not working out—ha just kidding but not really
Yoga
Pilates
Spin
*always looking for new activities though and would love to get into swimming at some point*

Favorite Things to Eat (oh bitchhhh, what a loaded Q)
Pasta, pasta, pasta
Good bread and butter
Chili with cornbread
....am I carb girl or what?

Favorite Desserts
Cheesecake
Chocolate covered strawberries
Candy

Favorite TV Shows of All Time
The Golden Girls
Sex and the City
The Office

Favorite Social Media Outlets
Instagram
Pinterest
Don't think I have a third! I use Facebook, but I don't like it anymore.

Favorite Family Traditions
Seasonal craft-y traditions like carving pumpkins and making our gingerbread house
Watching Home Alone while wrapping gifts or decorating the house
The tradition of creating new traditions whenever Sammy has to work during a holiday or celebratory event
*this further proves we need to develop more traditions, especially before we have kids*

Favorite Indoor Activities for Rainy Days
Read!
Binge a show
Cook something indulgent and then take a nap

Favorite Ways to Self-Care
Something that feels indulgent: long shower/bath, comfort food, nap, etc.
Face mask
Mani/Pedi

Ah, I love stuff like that. But that's all for now...happy Thursday! xo

5 comments:

  1. I am a major carb girl too. I could live off pasta, but Jerry isn't a fan, so we don't eat it much at home. I almost always order it when we go out to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can you not be a fan?! That's craziness ;) I do too, girl!

      Delete

  2. Send help!
    I'm all carbs ALL THE TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! I loved your blog. It’s unique & versatile. I am planning to visit France next month with my kids. Could you please refer some of the best places to places to visit in France
    for a wonderful vacationing experience? I am expecting our France Tourist Visa to arrive next week.

    ReplyDelete