Friday, May 4, 2018

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, all! No intro today, just happy it's the weekend. It's been a long one. Onto the faves...

*

I mentioned in a past favorites post that I've been looking for a little postcard design I could send out to update people of our new address. Sammy thinks, and I quote, these are "a bitttt much, but nice" so...great haha. 

I ended up going with this one from Mallory Hope Design on Etsy. (Definitely check her out--her designs are so pretty.) I edited the template with our info and I'm going to order from VistaPrint, per usual, and send them out after we close in a few weeks!


I've been on the hunt for something to hang over our bed in the master. I'm not an indecisive person, but when it comes to art, prints, or any image for that matter that's going to be displayed, I struggle. But then I remembered my trusty Monet, my favorite artist of all time, and knew I had to go Waterlilies. Hopefully getting the biggest one Wayfair sells ;) Couldn't you just stare at that all day?


Another favorite this week was receiving this box my grandma had put together for me (she made one for each of her children and grandchildren). It had some randoms in it--wouldn't be from a grandparent if it didn't--but there was some major major gems, not that the randos aren't gems ;) 


She gave me a tourism pamphlet my papa used in Paris when he was in the Navy. I was floored. It's gorgeous and in perfect condition for being over fifty years old. I can't wait to frame it and display it in our house.


She also had a cousin of ours laminate the copies made of my papa's recipes in his handwriting. I was thrilled to see these. I couldn't love them more. I want to buy a lamination machine and do this for all the recipes she has haha.


In addition to a bunch of pictures of me and my family, there were a bunch of old photos of my grandma's mother who died when my grandma was about eighteen or so. They're absolutely incredible and I definitely want to display them somewhere in our house. Apparently I'm displaying the whole box in our house haha.


How badass is she?!


Ugh I just love them.


Throwing a rando at ya. I picked up this Organics brand kombucha from Jewel and really liked it. I just wish kombucha was cheaper in general. Am I the only one who thinks it's expensive?!


The wife of our company's president always brings me a loaf of bread when she goes to a particular bakery and I couldn't love her more for it. My love of carbs is apparently widely known.


I've been wearing jumpsuits all damn week thanks to the beautiful weather we've been having, and I've never received so many compliments on an outfit in my entire life.


I swapped my denim jacket for a white sweater I keep at the office and it was such a comfy vibe. Swear to god everyone stopped me and asked about this jumper. 


Majorly, majorly obsessed with the flowers at the train station. The colors aren't showing as vibrantly in this picture, but they're amazing. Flower experts: are those purple flowers impatiens?! They smell amazing and I want to confirm what the hell they are so I can plant a million of them.


Isn't my elevator selfie so good?! I have no idea how you guys take pictures of yourselves in clothes. BUT just wanted to mention that I'm still wearing my Free People henley multiple times a week and loving it. Also super loving those blush loafer/mules from Target. Incredibly comfortable at a great price. I grabbed this open cardigan (which isn't something I typically buy a lot of) from Old Navy and am loving it. You can't tell in this picture but it has a pretty waterfall effect in the front. 


product photo
on sale today for $18.50!
Another favorite this week was going to dinner with my dad, brother, and grandma. We went German which is one of my favorite kinds of food.


Loved the spaetzle chicken soup and obv went schnitzel for dinner. And had my trusty stein of Haufbrau :)

  


*

That's all for me! I have a bridal shower on Sunday I'm excited about (!!), but other than that, zero plans. Just the way I like it :) I may try to hit Target for some storage bins and start organizing some stuff for the move, but we'll see how much motivation I have when it's 79 and sunny on Saturday.

Have a great weekend everyone! xo



*Linking up with April and Andrea!

3 comments:

  1. Your Grandma is adorable. So many awesome things in that neatly organized tote. Loving that jumpsuit look...wondering if I could get away with that in our office.. those cards are so fun! You should get an address stamp too! I have ordered 4 stamps so far from a local lady for various things, she has an Etsy shop and she is awesome! I actually just had her design one for the farm this week! Here is her site - https://www.etsy.com/shop/LaLaBerryStudios

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she though? Haha she's made multiple boxes and photo albums for each of us if you can believe it ;)

      Thank you! It's Old Navy (aka only store I shop at). I feel like you could definitely throw a structured jacket or blazer over it to dress it up if your office has a more business dress code.

      I want to get a stamp too!! I'm definitely looking at her Etsy shop right. now. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Aw, the sweetest. Yea, good idea on the jumpsuit - I own 0 and would like a few. Yes, she can re-create any design you like and make it for you - no extra charge for design work. I've had them made for our wedding, our Etsy shop & now for the farm (I foresee myself gifting things on holidays to neighbors with the farm stamp and such).

      Delete