Friday, June 14, 2019

Friday Favorites

Okay, HI. Back on my shit with some serious randomness this Friday. It feels like its been so long since I've linked up, so I'm excited to join in today!

Let's start with some serious cuteness like could you die? Sammy happened to be off on our niece's actual birthday so he went with them to the zoo to celebrate and he got some James time in as well. My ovaries are not the same since seeing this photo.


Sammy and I are truly obsessed with him. No one can get me to make this kind of face. Only food gets me this excited, so James is real special.


Forgot to include in my "update" post that we celebrated our cousins' high school graduation a few weeks ago! These two are unbelievable. They each play an instrument, have beautiful singing voices, played in multiple soccer leagues throughout high school, got every academic honor you could think of, etc., etc., etc. More importantly, they're so sweet and kind, always thinking of others. I met them when they were five years old, and I'm officially that adult who is constantly telling them, "I can't believe you're eighteen!" as if they don't know their own age. So, so proud to know them (even if they both picked colleges that are my college's rivals IT'S FINE).


A month or so ago, there was a child murder case that floored our town and circulated throughout national news. Sammy spend many shifts working extra hours to help with everything that comes with a murder case/trial. Someone sent him this screenshot from a private Facebook group regarding the case where someone had commented on a picture of Sammy working at the scene of the crime. A little context of what he was doing in the picture: a ton of people had come out to leave stuffed animals and toys and balloons on the lawn in memory of the child and that night a heavy storm was coming in so all the officers boxed up the toys so they wouldn't get ruined and to save them for the boy's little brother to have later. I can't thank people enough for publicly reaching out when they have a good experience with a police officer. It makes all the difference in a sometimes thankless job, and it made all the difference to Sammy during an incredibly emotionally heavy case. You don't have to tell me Sammy is a good man. This I know. But I can't explain what it does to my heart when I see other people notice it as well.



Now for some lighthearted shit, we have a life size cardboard cutout of Sam Heughan from Outlander in our office because a decent amount of our team is obsessed with the books/show. He has since been folded up and stored in a room *SHAME* but my coworker is a genius and made me a mini version for my desk and I swear she's a magician. It's hilarious and I'm OBsessed.


In the very best turn of events, one of my very best friends got engaged at Disney last weekend! Her dream came true which makes me tear up every time I think about it. Her fiance (ah!) surprised her with a weekend trip to Florida and then proposed outside Cinderella's castle.


 From one Disney obsessed to another, I snagged these for her engagement gift :)


I've been making these bowls a lot lately. I make some rice and fried eggs and throw whatever else we have on hand in and top with everything but the bagel seasoning from TJ's. Love, love, love.


My mom and I stopped into BHLDN before high tea last weekend and I definitely found a few favorites from their gorgeous store. I love these earrings:


And I think this would be a stunning shower dress. I also saw many a jumpsuit I would have loved to try on.


And then at Bloomingdales, I saw this dress that set my Gatsby heart racing. How cool for a bachelorette?!


Big favorite this month has been watching our plants grow like the grandparents we are. Especially when Sammy sends me snapchat updates.


 I got a lovely bundle earlier this week. The white ones were a little far gone, but I cut them anyway.


Love how they look on our end table.


This will never not be funny to me (because if it isn't funny it's incredible sad and embarrassing and I can't let my brain go there anymore).


One of my closest friends from childhood moved back home this week so Chelsie and I met her for dinner and it was like absolutely no time had passed. We laughed so much and it made me so nostalgic for how things were when we were younger.


My girlfriend's family actually owns the restaurant where we ate and it was packed when we got there, so we brought some wine into the office and sat around chatting before our table was ready. I don't know why I felt like I needed to take a picture but it just felt like one of those moments when you really appreciate your life. My girlfriend has a way of making you feel that way when you're with her.


During lunch one day this week, this movie came up in conversation and I haven't seen it in years so I became obsessed with watching it. It's not available on any streaming service or to rent anywhereee so I had to buy it on Amazon and truly I'm not sorry I own it. I watched it Wednesday night and was LIVING for it. So good. Ironically enough, the girlfriend I reconnected with is the one who showed me this movie when we were kids so this week was all kinds of nostalgic which just sends my nostalgia-loving heart into a tailspin.

I have a pic of this on my phone because I was raving about it Chelsie...if you're in the market for a new scent—this is SO good. I'm a huge fan of their eucalyptus mint lotion and was about to buy yet another bottle when I smelled this one and changed my mind. It seriously smells so good, I wish they made a spray of it. And I think Bath and Body Works's semi-annual sale is still going on, so this was like $3 online instead of the $15 I paid in-store.


I threw together an antipasto pasta salad last night with whatever we had in the house that felt appropriate. It was SO good and I know it'll be even better this afternoon after sitting in the fridge over night. Going to make so many variations of this throughout the summer.


Love my nights outside with Henry while the weather is still cool in the evenings and the mosquitos haven't gotten bad. This is us playing "fetch." ;)


*

That's all for me! We have a low key weekend over here. Fridays at my office are half days now that we're in summer hours mode which has been great. I usually use this time to do some cleaning, reading, extra playtime with Henry, etc. I'm meeting Tina later tonight which I'm excited about...Ms. Fiance! 

We have plans to have breakfast with my dad at his favorite spot tomorrow to celebrate Father's Day. And Sunday we're spending the afternoon at Sammy's brother's house with his family. I'm excited for a pretty low-key/well balanced weekend with my favorite people.

Have a great weekend, all! Happy Father's Day to all those great men in our lives. I personally couldn't function without mine.

2 comments: