Friday, March 8, 2019

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday all! It was a good week. Low key and chill—just what I needed. Now, to some favorites.

I watched Somethings Gotta Give last weekend, and every time I watch it, I'm so sucked into the clothes and interior design. I think it's my favorite of any movie ever (except maybe Father of the Bride—I'm obsessed with that house and its interiors—which is another Nancy Meyers film, so I think it's safe to say she's a big favorite of mine). And I told my girlfriends last weekend, I want to throw out all of my clothes and model my wardrobe from here on out on Diane Keaton's clothes in that movie. Neutral QUEEN. And her hair! I told Chelsie, if I don't cut my hair like her when I'm a little older, shoot me.

OKAY HUNNY
Speaking of SGG, I've been back on my French music/female jazz music kick, so I've been obsessed with this station on Spotify. I think her voice is so lovely.


Sammy's off days fell during the week this week, so that means a cooking break for me. This week he made bruschetta chicken...


And skirt steak and rice.


Cup of Jo posted about the "Proust Questionnaire" last week and the questions are really intriguing. I told Sammy I want to answer one question a night together before we fall asleep which he was all about actually. Sometimes when you date someone for years and years, especially starting when you're young, you start to feel static—like you know everything about that person. But as I was reading these questions, I realized I have no idea how he would answer most of them, so I'm excited to talk about these together.

My ring is home after being resized which is a definite favorite. (Had to snap a pic to send to my mom haha.) I think it's still a tad too small but I also think my fingers are still shrunk up from the cold weather, so I'm hoping in the summer it fits like a glove. I ordered a clear silicon sizer that goes on the underside of the band and I'm not wearing my ring outside the house until that's delivered today. I'm too paranoid right now haha.


I've become obsessed with hair masks lately because they allow me to air dry my hair at night without it turning into a big frizzy mess. I had a lot of samples to try, so I initially loved the Coco & Eve Like a Virgin mask but was bummed about the price ($40 something a bottle), then I loved the Verb Hydrating mask (especially the price, around $15 for a large bottle), and am currently trying out the Theorie detoxifying mask ($21 a bottle). I like the smell of the last two better than Coco & Eve, although I think style-wise, that one gave me the best results. First world problems haha.


I started watching Outlander this week and I have many, many feelings about it. Specifically that I'm thinking wayyyyyy to much about Jamie...


My coworkers are super into it and even have a full-size cardboard cut-out of him in the office, so I was not surprised, although scared shitless for a second, when I came in this morning and found him in my temporary cube! Jokes on them though 'cause he's staying ;)



I think that's all for me! I have no plans this weekend except for an afternoon date tomorrow with my mom and grandma to go wedding dress shopping and have Thai food afterward. And obviously I'll be binge watching Outlander the entire weekend.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! xo


*linking up with Andrea!

4 comments:

  1. gaah ... why is it so hard to get a ring to fit "just right" ... I know I personally own a couple of really really nice rings from Tiffany's and unfortunately I don't wear them that often because my hands swell during the day and then they get uncomfortable or I just want to take them off ... maybe I should just buy nice earrings, necklaces, and bracelets (oh wait, I do that too haha)!! What is your favorite jewelry to wear/buy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so tough! Hmm, good question! My favorite jewelry to wear is definitely rings. I don't wear any other jewelry on a daily basis other than my rings. I love to look at earrings and always have the intention of wearing them and then never remember to do it ha!

      Delete