Monday, October 29, 2018

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday! It was a jam packed weekend, and while it was mostly fun (had a little dramatic ending), I had a moment last night where I was like, I'm so glad this is over haha. Very happy it's Monday which is a nice feeling!

FRIDAY
I hung out at work a little later than normal, which would have been torture, but since I love my job, it wasn't bad at all. What a difference a few weeks makes--still can't believe it.


Sammy swung by and picked me up from work since we had a date night planned (since his birthday in February ;) ). We got some sushi before heading over to the United Center.


To see Elton John! His farewell tour dates came out right before Sammy's birthday back in February and he had casually mentioned how he would like to see him, so I grabbed some tickets as his big gift.




I knew he would be good, but I didn't know he would be THAT good. He was seriously incredible. I definitely forget how wonderful is voice is, like he's an amazing performer but just as a singer alone, he's incredible. And his band...omg. They are NUTSO talented.


My mom came over to watch Henry while we were at the concert (and the following night because have I mentioned my parents are saints?), so when we got home, she had all our mail organized and waiting for us haha. And I received the BEST surprise from one of my bridesmaids in the mail!


I mean...can you stand it? She has a dessert company as a side business and makes these incredible cookies. I can't believe she made these for me. The women in my life, man. I just can't believe how blessed I am.


I ended up saying goodbye to my boys so I could spend the night with my mom at her house so I could get up early the next morning and get started on packing up the remaining stuff in my room over there since we had plans to bring everything over our townhouse on Saturday.



SATURDAY
You think you don't have a lot of stuff but then you try to pack it all up and realize you have a TON of stuff. It doesn't look like much here, but it was a big truck haha.

My siblings and parents helped me move everything (again, saints) because Sammy had to work (lucky guy) and it took longer than I expected but that's because I'm an idiot when it comes to time management ;) we were actually rather efficient which was great. It was still a super long day because I don't know when to quit while I'm ahead. My initial plan was to just get the furniture and stuff into our guest room and divided up into closets/storage spaces and then organize/style everything over the next few days/weeks. But, of course, once everything is in the room, I can't stop myself, so I ended up continuing to work on it when I should have stopped because I ended up stressing myself out and taking it out on Sammy, per usual haha. UGH.


But I eventually had to stop so we could get ready and head downtown to our friends who were having people over for Halloween. Phenom couple's costume, right? At least they're both owned by Disney ;)


My girlfriend and I decided on being Boo & Sully because we're five years old. And took my favorite series of photos ever taken.




If it wasn't clear, we were drinking heavily.



And this is how your girl ended up. SHOCKINGLY (or maybe not so...) I wasn't actually that drunk haha. I just seem to always look it--how lovely. Love when we act like we're still 21.



SUNDAY
Even though I wasn't that drunk, I was still hungover Sunday morning and the last thing I wanted to do was bake, but we had Sammy's cousin's annual pumpkin party to go to and I had to bring something pumpkin, so I powered through and made pumpkin cream cheese muffins.


Christina has a pumpkin party every year where she serves pumpkin chili and cornbread and everyone else brings a pumpkin dish to share (and tupperware to take home leftovers!). And we all bring a candle for the candle swap.






It's one of my favorite days and she always does such a beautiful job hosting.


And I'm always taking pictures of their condo because her styling is absolute perfection. 


And after making a visit to Sammy's grandma, we came home to a sick little guy. Without giving too many gross details, he had an upset stomach and had an accident in his crate while we were gone and while we were cleaning him and everythinggg in his crate, we discovered some blood, so Sammy took him to the animal hospital, while I took care of everything at home which included boiling chicken for his bland diet.

Luckily all his well. He has an antibiotic for his stomach and will be on the bland diet for a few days.


I've mentioned that he's not a cuddler, except when traumatic things happen to him haha so we ate this right up last night. I even stayed up later than I normally do because I didn't want to stop cuddling! :)



So that was our weekend! It felt like I was going from one thing to the next all weekend without being able to take a minute to breathe, so once Sammy left to take Henry to the hospital, my emotions and stress level got the best of me, and I had to have a good cry haha. Needless to say, I'm happy it's a new week.

Sammy works Halloween, but since he's off today, we're going to have our traditional Halloween date night tonight :) In past years, I've made everything because he always came over to my house for it, but since we live together now, he said he wants to make dinner. I'll take it! 

Lots of exciting things this week: date night tonight, Halloween on Wednesday, my birthday on Thursday, and I leave on Friday for a little girl's trip to Florida. I have a feeling there will be many favorites to recap on Friday :)

xo


*linking up with Biana and Johannah!

12 comments:

  1. You had a FULL weekend! Wow! What do you do for work? It's great that you love your job. Your engagement ring is gorgeous, btw! The Elton John concert had to be incredible!!! How amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely FULL! I'm an associate editor at a children's book publisher :) Thank you so much! Pinterest found me a good one ;) Oh he was so good. xo

      Delete
  2. I laughed through this entire post! Too funny - those pics of you and your friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thanks, lady! Glad someone else sees the humor ;)

      Delete
  3. Pretty amazing that you were able to go to his farewell tour!! Enjoy your week girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy wow - the Elton John concert! That's seriously the dream! I would LOVE to see him in concert someday! Also, your moving truck gave me anxiety haha I hate packing sooooo much! Also, I have to say, I just love your Halloween costumes! Too fun <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's seriously so good! I'm really glad we had the chance to see him. Dude, you're telling me haha. And now our "guest room" is filled with bags of clothes and other things I have to go through. I'm hoping I can go through it in the next week or so otherwise...I fear I'll never do it haha. Omg thank you haha! xo

      Delete
  5. OK, you win the weekend contest! Between the concert and the Halloween party (lol'ing at those pics - and where did the cowboy hat come from?! Looks like some great stories to tell!)... you definitely had a good one, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah oh thank you! It came from my friend but I don't remember putting it on hahaha. #classy

      Delete
  6. What a fun weekend! Sorry to hear about your puppy's upset stomach. I'm hoping he's feeling much better.

    What do you do for work? I take it you work with books somehow. I graduated with an BA degree in English and would love to hear more about your job if you don't mind sharing.

    Amy @ https://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's definitely feeling better, thank god! Thank you!

      I'd love to share! I'm an associate editor for a children's book publisher :) I love, love, love it. My degrees are in English too, girl!

      Delete