Friday, October 19, 2018

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!
Ahh, it feels good to be doing a "normal" Friday Favorites post. I feel like I've stockpiled a lot of random shit, so here goes.


On my first day back at work after our trip, a coworker asked if I wanted to try a sushi place nearby. In addition to the sushi being really pretty decent, this picture is more representative of how incredibly kind everyone I work with has been to me since I started three weeks ago. They are always including me in lunch plans, making sure I understand a task that's been assigned to me, and saying the sweetest things. Last week, my coworker interrupted a meeting just to say, "I feel like you've always been here" which made me feel so much a part of this team, and I didn't realize it was possible to feel more a part of anything. After this past year of being so miserable at work, coming here has been the biggest breath of air to my soul. 


Someone is getting huge! I can't imagine how enormous he's going to end up being. I'm loving his size right now, but I know he's only going to keep growing like a weed.


A definite favorite: the fall vibes at my desk this month. And Gilbert, of course.


One day last week, our street was totally covered in yellow leaves that had fallen off the trees, and it was so gorgeous. You can't tell the vibrancy of the colors in the picture, but I loved seeing it when I turned the corner. It felt so Fall.


I had stocked the fridge before we left for Paris so the people that were watching Henry would have snacks and things to drink, and my girlfriend and I love Dr. Pepper, so I got her the glass bottled ones. She had left me one and I was so excited all day on Monday to drink it only to find when I came home that Sammy had drank it. Needless to say I made a big deal about it like an ASShole and came home the next day to another four pack and a bouquet of flowers. This husband thing may not be so bad after all ;)

And in full disclosure, my father was the one who said "maybe he'll buy you another four pack tomorrow" and I said "yeah right" and shared this exchange with Sammy later, so I think he mayyyy have been influenced by my father aka greatest man alive ;)


My grandma will often make me and Sammy gravy that I freeze and keep on hand for pasta and meatballs (and whatever else I can think of), and I love that she insists on including notes on the containers :)


Sammy's parents came for dinner last week because we hadn't been all together since we got engaged. Sammy was working but was able to come home for about twenty minutes for dinner. Otherwise it was just me and his parents which ended up being really lovely. A really nice reminder (not that I needed one) of what a great family I'm officially becoming a part of.


Forever (and ever and ever...) a favorite: staring at my ring at work <3


This boy learned how to do paw this month (courtesy of my girlfriend and her husband because we can't teach him shit) and he's VERY serious about it ;)


Did I mention I like my ring? SORRY ABOUT IT


And did I mention he's getting huge? Sorry my dog and my ring are like the only two things I care about right now.


And Christmas. I ALWAYS care about Christmas. And if this wasn't the best package I've ever received...


My dad has been showing houses to my best girlfriend at my old job, and I LOVE getting snapchats from her feat. him haha.


I made meatballs a few days ago and used the last of my grandma's gravy to make this dinner. It was definitely the favorite of the week. Will repeat often.


Had to document being able to give myself a manicure that--shock--didn't get ruined and have a little snack. Guys. That white cheddar popcorn. I could eat it all day long I swear to god.


I made toffee cookies the other day and at first I didn't love them, but at some point I had a change of heart because there's only like two left haha. Sammy actually admitted to liking them too which was the shock of the century in our house. I'm decidedly not a baker, I burn everything, so it's shocking I was able to bake something he enjoyed.


My girlfriend stopped by this week to catch up and she brought me such a sweet engagement gift: the prettiest ring dish and an awesome planning book.


Last minute, per usual, Sammy's friends have decided they may go out for Halloween on the 27th, so Sammy and I are brainstorming some easy costumes. I really want to do the below idea, especially since I leave for Disney a few days after Halloween (!!!), but he hasn't seemed too receptive just yet. We shall see (or maybe we'll just stay home since I'm 100 and officially  o v e r  going out for Halloween).


Henry has a new habit of picking up a stick or a single leaf to carry for the duration of his daily walk and it's my favorite thing ever.


Last night he even brought it inside with him...


He also got his second PupBox last night! I can't believe how much stuff he gets in these boxes actually. He got a Halloween toy, Halloween bandana, a Kong, special dog peanut butter, a treat case, and two different kinds of treats. And they always come with a bunch of information about the developmental stage your puppy is currently in. Love it.


I got two shirts so far for my upcoming girls' trip to Florida. Well one my brother is gifting me for my birthday, but the other I just bought this morning. One of my girlfriend's mom organizes conferences for her company and they're having a big one in Orlando the first week in November, and she has an extra large room so my girlfriend asked our group of friends if anyone wanted to join and Chelsie and I jumped on it. All we had to do was pay for our airfare and any park tickets. Her company is actually renting out Universal Studios, so we really only have to shell out money for Disney.

I wanted this Harry Potter shirt for two reasons: one, I didn't want anything overtly Harry Potter because I still pretend to hate it. And two, because never has a truer statement been uttered. (Lupin is my favorite character if you couldn't tell.)


And then I grabbed this one for one of our days at Disney because Big C is the best princess around.


Meanwhile, I needed absolutely no shirts since I have so much Disney stuff already haha but I wanted it haha. And I did actually need an HP shirt for Universal 'cause God knows I didn't have anything HP before this year ;)

Anyway, that's all for me! I've been looking forward to this weekend. My best girlfriend from my old job is coming over tonight and I'm so excited to see her. We're having Sammy's aunt, uncle, cousins, and parents over for dinner tomorrow night and I'm excited for his aunt, uncle, and cousins to meet Henry and see our house. And Chelsie is hosting all us girls over for brunch on Sunday and I've really been looking forward to that girl time. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend! xo


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing week and I am with you on Dr. Pepper in the glass bottles is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like such a fun week. I hope you have the best time in Disney!

    Your dog is the cutest!

    Amy @ https://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete