Friday, November 2, 2018

Friday Favorites

Hi all! So many favorites this week, so let's jump back to some from a few days ago...

We had our Halloween date night on Monday night since Sammy was off. He made chicken parmesan and in an attempt to spookify it, we so grossly called it blood and guts all night ;) and I broke out the glasses I found in the Target dollar section.


We were going to introduce Henry to Disney, in the form of Toy Story, for the first time (we're nuts), but we decided on Halloweentown in order to be more festive, which is in fact, a Disney movie, so it all worked out.


I went to work as an ice cream sundae for Halloween simply because it allowed me to wear a sweatshirt to work.


My coworkers invited me out to lunch with them on Halloween as well. Forever a favorite how nice they are to always include me.


We got to leave work early so we could get home for trick-or-treaters. So I got home, changed myself and Henry into our "costumes," and started on some meals in between the trick-or-treating lull.


I made Shay's sweet corn chili, which is my new favorite chili recipe, and some cornbread.


And a full lasagna for Sammy to bake while I'm in Florida this weekend.


I've been looking forward to passing out candy in my own home since we bought the place, so needless to say, I was excited. It was actually kind of lonely (not to put a damper on things, just being real!), since Sammy had to work, but I made the best of it and loved seeing the kids in their costumes. They were SO polite, I couldn't believe it.


I hung out with this dino all night though ;) which made it less lonely. I made his costume from a Martha Stewart DIY and, although it was a little misshapen and sized, it turned out pretty cute. And I wore a Jurassic Park shirt because I wanted a reason to purchase a Jurassic Park shirt. Literally been wearing it every day since.


 Would only cooperate if given a bone.


And I ate my chili and watched Ellen while we waited for the last hour of trick-or-treating to pass.


GOTTA include my new favorite costume that one of my favorite Instagrammers posted of her husband. Prison Mike! Omg. I have to do this one year.


Woke up early on my birthday so Sammy and I could go see two venues downtown. The first was Ravenswood Event Center which we loved. The only two downfalls are it's expensive and there's no outdoor ceremony space which I knew going in, but after not loving the second venue which does have outdoor ceremony space, I'm even more bummed this place doesn't.



It has several really cool lofty looking spaces for each stage in your wedding which I like and then the area for dinner and dancing has these classic cars and old fashioned signs all over and it's such a unique vibe. AND they'll let us bring Gene & Jude's in for a late-night snack ;)


We saw Galleria Marchetti next and while I LOVE the outdoor space and pavilion, they were saying we'd have to use other spaces as well due to our size and I just didn't like those spaces at all, so that was disappointing.



After our tours, Sammy took me to my favorite restaurant of all time, Freddy's, over in Cicero.



We had an outstanding meal and I wish I could get married there.


After lunch, Sammy went home and I took the car to go vote since I'll be traveling on election day. It was incredibly satisfying to drive myself to vote. Which sounds like nothing to some people, but for someone who has struggled so much with driving... ugh it was so good haha. And then I took this INCREDIBLY CLEAR photo of my "I voted" sticker.


Sammy and I tidied the house a bit and then my grandma and favorite cousin came over to visit. She brought us our housewarming gift, engagement gift, and my birthday gift. All were impeccably wrapped, and all were incredible sweet. 

She gifted us glasses that were once gifted to her by one of my grandma's cousins for our housewarming gift along with two bottles of prosecco because she knows I love it. I feel so honored to have these glasses and am planning to use them for Friendsgiving next weekend! For our engagement gift, she got us a Waterford cake cutter and server set. It's so pretty. She got the same thing for her two daughters when they got engaged, so it was so sweet for her to get me the same thing. And for my birthday, she got me a Fleur-de-lis Waterford ornament because Paris and she knows my Christmas obsession. WHY I didn't take pictures of anything of these things is totally beyond me, but there ya go.


Always a favorite: the notes my grandma leaves on the food she brings us hahaha.


Sammy's grandma has been traveling throughout Europe (mostly Italy) for the last few months and she came home a few days ago which is definitely a favorite. Loved having her over last night for my birthday and seeing her meet Henry!


I got the lovliest gifts from my family: a KitchenAid (which I can hardly believe), jewelry, and many, many books, of course. And other things because my family spoils me when they shouldn't.


Dispite the fact that my family never looks happy in photos I candidly take of them, I'm pretty sure they are. Well, at least mildly ;) 

I asked for pasta and since everyone but me believes you can't just eat carbs for dinner, my mom insisted on making meat and a salad, both of which I did not take part of ;)

It was a delicious dinner and I was so happy to be cramped around our kitchen table with some of my favorite people.


To call out Sammy's gifts specifically, he got me the two Anne of Green Gables related books I asked for because I am a dork if you didn't already know. Pretty obvious.



And he got me a ladder shelf for our basement so I can display candy in jars next to our popcorn machine. I want to have a little "concessions" area down there. Told ya. Dork.


And since I was out of the office yesterday, I came into work this morning to this:


My coworkers have known me for exactly one month and this is how they treat me. They're seriously the sweetest people in the world. Not only did they get me a card, decorate my cube, and bring in treats... they also had a champagne toast for me in honor of my engagement. I can't even deal with it.


I feel incredibly blessed and undeserving of their sweetness.


Needless to say, it was a wonderful birthday and week. It is absolutely unbelievable to look back at my life one year ago and see how many things are different. I think I made a huge change in every aspect of my life and they've all improved my world ten fold. I know I keep saying it, but I truly can't believe how blessed I am to live the life I get to live, especially with all the people I get to do it with.

And a huge thank-you to anyone who reads this little space of mine and leaves me a comment. You have no idea how much it means to me.

So, so looking forward to what this 27th year brings. Not sure how it could top the 26th, but as I've learned, life has such a way of sneaking up on you and surprising you.

I leave today for our girls trip to Florida! I can't wait to spend some time with two of my favorites. I'm sad to be leaving my boys, but I know it'll be that much sweeter to get home to them.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
xo 


*linking up with Andrea and Kate!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had such a great birthday AND week - you deserve it! Look at those venues, too! I don't know how people plan big weddings, so I admire you for doing so. I would've lost my mind haha 19 people was enough for us! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Girl... I would love 19 people hahaha. I guess I always knew we'd have a big wedding, so I've been preparing for years haha. It's definitely a TASK ;)

      Delete

  2. You're one of the kindest bloggers out here!

    Enjoy Florida! :·)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I hope you had the best day! :)

    What a fun week filled with lots of happy and special moments!

    I love your blog so much (it's one of my favorites) and I'm so glad I found it! :)

    I hope you have the best trip! <3

    Amy @ https://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy! You are constantly making my day with your sweet words. xoxox

      Delete
  4. Your food photos are everything! I mean, all that Italian food... yes please. Sign me up. And chili and cornbread is a favorite around here once the fall and winter roll around. Yum! By the way - you look amazing as an ice cream sundae! ;) Is it strange that I would totally wear that sweatshirt on a normal day? Haha. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, yes. Italian food forever. It's the best, I could eat it almost every day, especially in these months. Honestly, I'm in it entirely for the cornbread hahaha. HA! Well thank you! Not weird at all, and I bet you could find one haha.

      Delete