Friday, April 5, 2019

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday all!

The week seemed to crawl a little bit at the front end but certainly sped up at the back end. Happy the weekend is here :) I've been looking forward to it. Some favorites, shall we?

// Still very much a favorite... saying yes to my wedding dress! It was exciting but super surreal. Per usual, I've needed some time to adjust (might seem like a silly thing to have to "adjust to" but big moments do that to me) but am totally in love with it and keep looking at photos and can't wait to wear it.



// Earlier this week I had a lunch phone call with our travel agent to discuss our honeymoon! She asked us to come up with a "must have" list which I kept on my desk on bright post-its haha. We may have bitten off a little more than we can chew (read: pay for) in our grand plans so she's going to do a little research and get us a ballpark total cost and then we can decide if we need to reevaluate. It was such a fun conversation though.


// One of my best friends is getting married in September and we've all started looking for bridesmaids dresses since she's letting us pick our own (in her chosen color). I think this might be the one I go with :)


// These are the texts I get people. A few notes:
-It's not staying at our house. She'll live at the department. Thank god.
-I still want to learn to shoot it...badly.
-I named her Don Corleone. Because we can never be too Italian.


// Been treating myself to medicine balls this week. They're my favorite thing to get at Starbucks (aside from seasonal drinks) and have been hitting the spot. Please note: my name is now "Alce." 


// I've always loved Rob Thomas's voice, so I was excited to hear his new song on Ellen this week. SO good. I've been listening to it on repeat.


// I posted my March book review this week, if you'd like to see. I think of the ten books I read this month, these two YAs were my favorite. They just left me feeling so good.

   

// One night I was trying to use all these random ingredients we had leftover in the fridge so we wouldn't waste them and I decided to throw together "Mexican" grilled cheese sandwiches, which I thought Sammy would think were bogus, but he ended up LOVING. Outright requesting them (and he never requests specific meals, bless his heart). So I made burrito bowls earlier this week so we'd have leftover ingredients I could use for grilled cheeses.

You could make them with a bunch of different Mexican-inspired ingredients but I use black beans and green chilies for ours. Regular cheddar cheese but I would love them with pepper jack or something more authentic. Sammy asked for chicken in his for extra protein, but I ate mine vegetarian. He also mentioned adding an egg into it (actually he suggested scrambled eggs which I think is weird unless they're breakfast sandwiches. So I suggested a fried egg and he replied, "that's how you die"—I think his heart is put off by how much butter I use when cooking ;)—so I guess I'll be having a fried egg by myself.) I will admit, they are really good. But I think they're really good because I use a the "secret ingredient" I read on Cup of Jo: mayo.


// I met a friend for dinner last night in downtown Arlington Heights. We went to Passero and enjoyed it! Everything was good. I got the carbonara and we split a cookie dessert that was as rich as it looks. It was good but I thought overpriced for the portions. Plus I kind of hate when people want to take perfectly fine Italian food and mix it up. I don't need squash in my carbonara, okay? Even though I'm a snob, I'd probably go back haha but wouldn't waste time on the apps or dessert.




That's all the randomness I got!

Sammy and I are hoping to head to Sam's Club tonight or tomorrow morning when we'll become real suburbanites (we always have been, who are we fooling?) and finally use the gift card my dad gave me and get a membership. We're very cool.

Saturday I hope to do some purging or idk something productive during the day. Maybe take Henry for a walk since it's supposed to be in the 60s! But in the evening, I'm having a girl's night with one of my best friends to catch up on all important things (we have a running list of topics 'cause we're very, very cool people and not dorks at all), eat good food, and watch Crimes of Grindelwald (see, not dorks at all). I'm so excited for it.

We rescheduled plans with my BIL and SIL for Sunday morning to meet them and our niece for breakfast, and I'm excited to start this monthly breakfast tradition with them. Just the siblings, no parents ;)

It's gunna be a good one. Happy weekend! xo

*Linking up with Andrea!

4 comments:

  1. That bridesmaid dress is so pretty. I love the color.

    I love YA books. I think I will read them no matter how old I am.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

    Amy @ https://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! I think I may have found a different one to go with but we will see.

      YES. Me too. I'll definitely read them forever.

      I hope your weekend was wonderful! xo

      Delete
  2. Finding a wedding dress is naturally a forever favorite! Love Lulu's for bridesmaid dresses, all my girls ordered the same one from there. Great choice on the one you like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ma'am! SO awesome! They have a fantastic selection. I think I'm going to go with one from their line I stumbled upon on Nordstrom's site.

      Delete