Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Midweek Check-In + a birthday!

Because what else am I famous for other than a random ass check-in on here?

Last week was a great week. I've been looking forward to it for months haha. I live for days when I can meander around the house and do nothing all day if I choose.

To kick off the long weekend, we had Sammy's parents, grandma, and my mom over for dinner on Wednesday night. I snagged some rotisserie chickens from the store and made a compound butter to brush on them. We also had roasted potatoes, corn, salad, and some crusty bread.


On the fourth, I got up and read.


And tidied up the house a bit while Sammy headed off to his friends' place downtown.


And did some more reading before my family came over to hang out for the night.


On Friday I had zero plans for the day except making my way to the library to pick up some holds they had for me. I wound up outside with Henry for most of the afternoon and finished this book while getting some sun.


Friday night we did some more relaxing before heading out to see Spider-Man which we looooved.


Saturday we got up and went for a walk at Three Oaks where we met a younger golden retriever friend for Henry! He convinced Henry to do a little swimming for the first time ;)


His little head popping out is my favorite. Mr. Apprehensive.



This was extremely exhausting for some of us so we rested up before heading to a family graduation/fourth of July party.




My boys :) It was such a fun night with family, we look forward to it every year.




And someone was SO tired after all that socializing that he even slept with us for a little bit (which only happens when he's REALLY exhausted). But then got too hot and retreated to his crate. ;)


Sunday I went to Chelsie's for coffee, bagels and doughnuts, and girl time. It was awesome, per usual.

Crystal Lake does their fourth of July celebrations on Sunday, so Sammy worked the parade in the morning and then hung out at home until I came home. Later that night we took Henry to the dog park and then made our way to the Lakeside Festival for some dinner before the firework show.


We watched fireworks from our lake and I was living for it. They did SUCH an awesome job and I'm so glad we went because we weren't able to go last year for our first year because Sammy had to work.



It was a great way to end a long weekend, although I've been dragging this week haha.

In other news, I gave audiobooks another try and haven't cared so much for this one at all unfortunately, so I think I'll return it and try again. (They have women doing men's voices... I don't get that!)


I started this lovely one this week and am truly loving it. Erika Robuck is so good. And I've said it a million times already, but if you're interested to see what I think about any books I post here, you can check my reviews out HERE. :)


And in the biggest news... our man is ONE today. Can't believe it. We've got big plans tonight including dinner outside, visit to the dog park, and cake (homemade by mom last night) and presents at home.

We love you, Henny. You make life so much more fun.


4 comments:

  1. Happy 1st birthday, sweet Henry! :)

    What a fun weekend! :)

    Amy @ https://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun weekend!! Happy 1st birthday Henry, love you!!

    ReplyDelete